Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poison

I think there's a lot to what people say about carbs (the bad ones) being poison.  I've really been paying attention to the way I feel after I eat too many carbs these last 2-3 months, and there's a notable difference.  They really do make me feel hazy, foggy, sluggish...overall like crap.  When I'm sticking to mostly protein and veggies w/ fats like EVOO, then I just feel BETTER.  My head/mind seems clearer, I feel lighter, and just less junky.  I hate that junky feeling.

Being someone who's always loved sandwiches, getting away from the bread has really been hard.  I continue to work on it, and take the choices day by day.  Sometimes I fail miserably, but I keep trying.

Yesterday was one to be proud of.  I had an egg scramble with grilled chicken and mushrooms, onions & red bell pepper.  Lunch was the soup I made with chicken and veggies (broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, onions, datil pepper & 1/2 c. fat-free Half & Half, all pureed with the immersion blender into creamy deliciousness (shredded chicken added in after blended).  I had a snack plate of veggies at work with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet mini peppers and baby carrots.  Dinner was chicken fajitas but I skipped the tortillas.  I ate them over a bed of romaine, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers and a few sliced black olives (no cheese) with a little sour cream on top and a small amount of dressing by mixing 2 Tbsp  of Ranch and 2 Tbsp of Texas Pete hot sauce. 

I did excellent in the low carb department overall.  My only bad choice was splitting a Little Debbie brownie with Dwayne (1/2 is 130 cals...but pure sugar).  I don't expect any of my days to be perfect...but I do expect to get better.

Breakfast this morning was 2 eggs scrambled with 2 oz. Boar's Head low sodium ham, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms with Texas Pete on top.  I made a salad for lunch with romaine, spinach, red cabbage, red onions, bell peppers, sweet mini peppers, and tomatoes.  My snack plate is celery, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, baby carrots and a 35 cal. wedge of the Laughing Cow chz (for the celery).  The plan for dinner is a 93/7 plain hamburger on the grill (no bun), and a bowl of the chicken/veggie soup.  (Dang I miss my camera!!)

I'm feeling good today...no bloating, no ovary pain, healthy food planned, and the scale says 238.6 again this morning.  Happy Tuesday!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...great job on the eating Tammy. I can relate to the bloat/junky feeling after eating carbs, for me its more the simple carbs that cause this reaction. I try to stick to the more complex carbs.

    Awesome job on all the veggies, just reading about all your yummy veggies makes me want to go out and by some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better. Cutting out carbs is hard, but you are right that it does make you feel better. I haven't cut out carbs completely, but I do eat a lot less. I figure that with time it should become easier. Is Laughing Cow cheese any good? I haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narconon Fresh Start Reviews These reviews maintain the good and authentic reputation of the Narconon Fresh Start Program and mark the program with a success rate of 70% Narconon drug rehabilitation program NARCONON SUNSHINE SUMMIT LODGE drug rehabilitation program

    ReplyDelete